It’s February and the month of all things chocolate. To make it better, 5th February is celebrated as World Nutella Day and here we bring you the best of both worlds Chocolate and Nutella in one heavenly dessert. Presenting to you No Bake Chocolate Nutella Cheesecake Bars. These bars are perfect for an evening with your loved ones. Rich, creamy and no oven required! The bars are easy to make and taste delicious with fresh fruit toppings. Noted down is the recipe for the No Bake Chocolate Nutella Cheesecake Bars.
No Bake Chocolate Nutella Cheesecake Bars
Prep and cook Time: 40 mins
• 1/3 cup butter, melted
• 2 1/2 cups chocolate baking crumbs
• 2/3 cup chopped chocolate or chocolate chips
• 1 tablespoon plus 1 cup heavy cream
• 1 package (2 1/4 teaspoons) unflavored gelatin
• 4 tablespoons water
• 2 pkg (8oz each) light cream cheese
• 1 cup 0% vanilla Greek yogurt
• 3/4 cup Nutella or other chocolate hazelnut spread
• 1 cup powdered icing sugar
• Whipped cream and berries for garnish as desired
• Line a 9x13" pan with tin foil or parchment paper if desired and grease the bottom lightly. Combine melted butter and chocolate crumbs and press into the bottom of the pan. *OPTIONAL: bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes (this is unnecessary -- it only helps to firm up the base).
• In a small bowl, combine chocolate and 1 tablespoon cream. Microwave on high for 45 seconds and stir until smooth. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
• In a small bowl, sprinkled gelatin over cold water and let sit for 1 minute. Microwave on high for 15 seconds and stir until dissolved. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
• With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add in yogurt, Nutella and powdered sugar and beat until combined. Add in cooled chocolate mixture and cooled gelatin mixture and beat until combined.
• Add in 1 cup heavy cream and beat on high for 3-4 minutes until light and fluffy. Spread onto crust (be sure it's cooled if you baked it), cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight before slicing. Freeze if desired. Garnish with whipped cream and berries if desired.
Tips and Tricks for Making these No Bake Chocolate Nutella Cheesecake Bars:
• Adding a bit of melted chocolate to these no bake cheesecake bars helps them to set and slice beautifully.
• Add a little bit of gelatin to the cheesecake mixture. You can leave it out if you think that’s weird, but they might not slice quite as cleanly as you need.
• You can swap the Greek yogurt for an extra block of cream cheese if you prefer — it shouldn’t make a difference in the recipe. Greek yogurt is fabulous for an extra boost of protein (because, hey — it’s chocolate and Nutella).
So, head to the kitchen and put your chef hat on and make this super delicious tempting dessert. As it’s said, desserts make everything better!