RECIPE TYPE: DESSERT
MILK – 4 CUPS
EGG – 7
EGG YOLKS – 2
SUGAR – 3 CUPS
MANGO PULP – ½ CUP
VANILA ESSENCE – 1 TSP
1. Prepare the caramel by the dry method. That is, heat 2 cups of sugar in a thick bottomed vessel. You may stir in between. Wait until the caramel turns golden brown in color. Once the caramel is formed, turn the flame off.
2. Pour the caramel immediately into the caramel custard molds and set aside.
3. Now, to prepare the custard, boil milk and add vanilla essence to it. Once done, set aside.
4. In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, egg yolks and 1 cup sugar.
5. Now slowly add the hot milk little by little into this egg mixture, stirring continuously.
6. Add the mango pulp and mix well.
7. Now strain the mixture through a fine mesh to smoothen it.
8. Pour in the mixture to the prepared molds with caramel.
9. Steam for about 30-35 minutes until fully cooked.
10. Once cooled, refrigerate for atleast 2 hours.
11. Enjoy your chilled mango custard!!