Summer calls for some delicious and fresh salads. We bring you variety of Summer Salad Recipes, that will add life to your day and freshness to your body.
Serves 4 (serving size: about 1/2 cup)
Put to good use all of the in-season melon at hand this time of year with a delicious, savory and sweet salad. Use a small scoop or melon baller to form perfectly formed individual melon spheres.
• 1/2 cup plain 2% reduced-fat Greek yogurt
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
• 1 tablespoon white vinegar
• 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
• 2 teaspoons honey
• 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
• 3/8 teaspoon salt
• 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• Dash of crushed red pepper
• 2/3 cup melon balls
• 2/3 cup watermelon balls
• 1 cherry radish, cut into thin slices
• 2 center-cut bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
• 12 small fresh basil leaves
How to Make It
Spread yogurt in a circle on a large serving plate.
Combine parsley, vinegar, oil, honey, lime juice, 1/8 teaspoon salt, black pepper, and red pepper in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add all melon balls and radish to bowl; toss gently.
Using a slotted spoon, mound melon mixture on top of yogurt (reserve vinegar mixture). Sprinkle evenly with bacon and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons reserved vinegar mixture; discard remaining vinegar mixture. Sprinkle evenly with basil leaves